Phyllis N
Contributor
I do not understand the logic behind you all's order in processing transactions. Why do you process deposits after debits and checks? I have inquired about the order of processing at other institutions and they run deposits first which decreases the number of returned checks. I had four to return even though the deposit was made the same day resulting in an additional $120 in fees just my end.

5 REPLIES

Phyllis N, Thank  you for your inquiry and I will be happy to provide some additional information. Please know that USAA does process deposits first, followed by debit card transactions, then ACH items, checks and lastly fees. Additionally, fees are assessed the business day after a transaction has gone overdrawn or returned. If you are seeing a fee on your account it would be for a transaction that overdrew or made the account NSF on the business day prior to the fee. If you would like for us to review a specific concern, please contact us at 1-210-531-8722 Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. CT and on Saturday from 8:00 a.m. and we will be happy to research your concern further. Thank you ~Michelle

This is a common occurrence for this company. I have allotments that deposit every first and 15th. Instead of depositing my allotments first, USAA will let every transaction post to my account to collect fees. I would rather deal with a bank that isn't about making money off the sweet of their customer's back. It's sad! I have been a customer for 18 or so years.

@Amylou1, this not the way I want our members to feel, and I want to help. I have shared your situation with a colleague, they will review what has happened and help answer any concerns you have. They will reach out to you as soon as possible. - Janay

Didn't Bank of America get sued over this? I'm pretty sure USAA didn't used to behave this way but I am disappointed to see this is the new normal.

@brakrowe, I am sorry to see that you feel this way. I would urge you to give us a call so we can go over the process stated above. It is very important that what ever bank you use that you understand how that bank processes your transactions. If the explanation above leaves you with additional questions or you have a specific concern you would like to have us review, I would be happy to go over it in detail with you. We want our members to be successful. Thank you. ~ Suzy