SM33
Contributor

My wife recently passed away and we are jointly on our accounts with USAA, however she is the Primary person listed. What do I need to do to have me switched as the Primary member on the accounts? Also do you have any advise or is there a specific time frame as to when I should have her name removed from them or can she just be left on the accounts? Thanks

Most Helpful

Oh gosh @SM33, please accept my condolences for the loss of your wife. To have a personalized review of your account and for best assistance, please call us at 800-292-8294. Thank you. -Emily 

6 REPLIES

Oh gosh @SM33, please accept my condolences for the loss of your wife. To have a personalized review of your account and for best assistance, please call us at 800-292-8294. Thank you. -Emily 

Thank you Emily, I appreciate the kind words.  Thank you for the information, I will call in to the number you gave me.  One more quick question, is that number 24/7 or are there specific hours?

Of course @SM33, their hours are Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m to 6:00 p.m. CT. Saturday and Sunday they are closed. -Emily 

Perfect, thank you again Emily for the help.

My pleasure. -Emily 

There is a website as well where you may be able to find more details, https://www.usaa.com/my/survivorship. Thank you -Emily