I am moving to Izmir Turkey in a couple of months to get married to a Turk.  I have a checking account with USAA.  I need to know if my Social Security check and Pension check can be deposited into this account for use in Turkey.  I also need to know if I will get an ATM card and what the charges will be to use it in Turkey?  What bank in Guzelbahce, Izmir, Turkey can I use to access my funds,  I need the answers to these questions asap so I know whether or not to keep this account open or not.  I am not military - my father was USAF for 33 years.  Please advise asap.


Rebecca Moore


@BeccaM3125, thank you for reaching out. You can use this account for your deposits, and you can request an ATM/Debit card for the account through your USAA.com page, or reach out to us at 1-800-531-8722. The ATM/Debit card for the account will be able to be used at any local ATM, and should be able to be used at any bank that accepts Visa cards. Per the Depository Agreement, there is a 1% foreign transaction fee on all transactions processed internationally. I hope this helps! ~Holland