Frequent Contributor
Me: I need to get some money.
ATM: invalid transaction or account.
Me: ????? As I try 4 ATMs
ATMs: Invalid transaction or account.
Me: WTF...calls usaa.
USAA: looks like you have a malfunctioning chip.
Me: oh
USAA: not to worry we will send you a new card, it only takes 7-10 business days.
Me: but I need it today
USAA: not to worry it only takes 7-10 business days.
(This goes on a few times)
Me: Bank of America and Chase overnight cards when they are lost, stolen damaged, ect.
USAA: maybe you should bank with them then, but not to worry we will hold all your money nice and tight for 7-10 Business days. Anything else I can help you with today.
Me:......I hate my bank, that's all USAA is anymore just another bank with less service than the others and no branches you can go to when THEIR systems break and fail.

6 REPLIES

@RetiredSFC, I'm sorry to learn that you're having trouble with an ATM withdrawal. I understand that funds are needed today. I recommend trying an ATM at a different financial institution. If the issue persists, please call us at 210-531-8722 or chat with us. From the USAA website, you can chat with us by selecting "Reach a Representative", "Contact USAA" or "Ask USAA". From the USAA Mobile App, you can select "Help" and then "Get Contact Options". ~DC

You must have missed the part where I made it clear I tried 4 ATMs, had called USAA and it was confirmed the chip was malfunctioning. Apparently there are codes with attempted transactions they can see. So if this was looked up and confirmed how would trying a different banks ATM make a difference

Hello and thank you for providing your additional comments. Unfortunately we are unable to resolve the concerns you you are continuing to experience with ATM withdrawals. If it was confirmed that the chip was malfunctioning we will have to reissue you a new card. Please call us at 210-531-8722 or chat with us. From the USAA website, you can chat with us by selecting "Reach a Representative", "Contact USAA" or "Ask USAA". From the USAA Mobile App, you can select "Help" and then "Get Contact Options". When you call us we can also determine the best delivery option for you if your request for the card is time sensitive. Thank you and look forward to speaking or chatting with you. Thank you!

Im not sure what made you think I was looking for you to help me resolve the fact my card wasn't working.  If you read what I posted and that was all you took from it then you proved the point of my original closing remarks.  When is USAA going to realize that cookie cutter responses and apologies that are not meaningful do not matter and only adds to people frustration.

@RetiredSFC, We appreciate your post. Our service standard based on your feedback was not what it could have been. I believe that is why we in the social channel are guiding you to call or chat. I will be forwarding your feedback as it is important for us to know how we could have done better. If you were not given other options on the shipping or possible other ways to accomplish the transaction you were attempting, then we missed the mark. I apologize to you for that. If you are still in need of assistance, I would have you reach back out as we can not take any action in this channel. What we can do is make certain your feedback is captured and action is taken to make certain that we do better when faced with a card that is malfunctioning. Thank you for the post. ~ Suzy. 

You must have missed the part where I made it clear I tried 4 ATMs, had called USAA and it was confirmed the chip was malfunctioning.