Lost atm card. Need it cancelled. I am in Costa Rica.

Lost ATM card. 2nd one since in Costa Rica. Need to cancel the current card. I will make arrangements for the delivery of a new one. Can I have it sent to my sons US adress? It is difficult to get mail here.


@Esteban2, that is no fun. You should be able to block the card using the mobile app and also usaa.com. I have the instructions for you below. If you wish to have it sent to an alternate address, please give us a call @ 1-210-531-8722. Now if calling is a problem, you can try using the app to place the call. I will leave the instructions below. Thank you. ~ Suzy 


From My USAA:

  1. Select the deposit account associated with ATM card.
  2. To extend the section, select I Want To located on the right side.
  3. Select More Services.
  4. From the ATM/Debit Card section, select Block or Unblock a Card.
  5. Follow the prompts to block or unblock an ATM/Debit card.

To make a call using the mobile app : select Help from the main menu > I want to talk to someone > ATM debit card> something else> call. It will let you know if calling is available. This is for Android. I-phone is similar. 


Hope this helps. (=