LibbyS
Contributor

I'm having trouble linking my USAA bank account to Venmo (my debit card added to Vemno fine). Has anyone had expereince with this? When I try to link it to Venmo, it says I need to have quick logon enabaled, which I do, and then USAA sends me a code (but there's no where to put the code in on Vemno). Let me know if there's a solution!

Most Helpful

I had the same problem when I was using CyberCode Text logon method. I was finally able to connect my USAA account to venmo when I changed my logon method.

1. Click on the account holder's name drop down menu.
  2. Select Profile and Preferences.
  3. Click on Security under My Profile and Preferences.
  4. Under Logon method, click Edit.
  5. Select Computer Recognition
  6. Link account to venmo by answering security questions.

Then you can change your settings back to CyberCode Text or Token if you want.

18 REPLIES

LibbyS - We regret hearing you are having trouble. Regrettably, we cannot assist with technical issues via  social media. Please call our troubleshooters for help at 877-632-3002 and say technical support at the prompt. Thanks. - Jason

The same thing happened to me. I spent about 30 minutes on the phone trying to sort it out and was transferred to three different departments, all of which played "hot potato"  trying to pass me to someone else. It boils down to the fact that USAA has eliminated the customer's ability to opt in or out of two-factor authentication (you only have the choice of text or token, not whether to use) and without being able to disable that, you can't link to Venmo to transfer money into your USAA account. Overall I've have had a great experience with USAA, but they have really missed the mark on this one, both in functionality and in customer support/service.

Hi Betsy - For assistance with the tow-factor authentication, please contact our technical group at 1-877-632-3002. When you're prompted, you'll need to say “technical support” to get to the correct group. - Cathleen 

That's what I tried and 30 minutes later, no help whatsoever. Fortunately Capital One makes this really easy and customer-friendly, so I'll be using them instead.

I had the same problem when I was using CyberCode Text logon method. I was finally able to connect my USAA account to venmo when I changed my logon method.

1. Click on the account holder's name drop down menu.
  2. Select Profile and Preferences.
  3. Click on Security under My Profile and Preferences.
  4. Under Logon method, click Edit.
  5. Select Computer Recognition
  6. Link account to venmo by answering security questions.

Then you can change your settings back to CyberCode Text or Token if you want.

THANK YOU!

Yes!!! Thank you so much!

Tried to link Venmo account to USAA so that I can transfer my funds into my account.  After an hour on the phone, being hung up on 3 times while being transferred, I am told that USAA cannot do anything to change my account log on method.  I asked if they would prefer to lose my business due to this issue, and Luis told me that is always my option if I choose to do so.  Well done USAA, well done.  I have been a member for a while, and this is ultimately going to push me away.  Is this the customer service that you really wish to provide your loyal customers?  

Mucho Disappointed, I am sincerely sorry to hear of the service encounter you received and will certainly pass on your feedback. Being sensitive and responsive to our members, as well as conducting business in a professional manner is always our goal, and I regret this is not what you were met with. Currently we do not have technical support in our member communities; so my best recommendation would be to contact our website customer support team again at 877-632-3002 to see if another rep would be able to assist. Please understand the your security and privacy are our first priority and this may be why you are having difficulty logging your USAA accounts with other websites. With that being said, anavota1 posted on January 4th a solution that maybe helpful to you. I hope this is helpful in correcting the error you are receiving.  ~Michelle