mikebike
Contributor

Why do the staff both when calling by phone or chatting online treat people as if they’re stupid or children?   I reported a missing credit card a week ago on the USAA mobile app  When I called to see where it was I was told 7-10 business days. Then the employee starting to define business days for me - Day 1 is Monday, Day 2 is Tuesday, Day 3 is Wednesday, and on as if I couldn’t figure this out for myself. But why 7-10 business days at any rate?  Cancel the missing card, put a new one in an envelope, drop it in the US Mail, and 2-3 days later I’ll have it. Have the USAA employees ever served in the military?  I’d be interested to know. If they had they’d have a better concept of service. 

1 REPLY

@mikebike, I understand that you contacted us by phone and chat today to discuss the delivery time frame for a credit card, and I'm saddened to learn that you were insulted by our representatives. That certainly was not our intention. When reporting a lost card through the USAA Mobile App, our members are presented with two options. The first option is an expedited delivery of 3-5 business days. These cards are delivered by FedEx, and there is an $8.00 expedited delivery fee. The second option is regular mail which generally takes 7-10 business days. These cards are delivered by the U.S. Postal Service, and there is no charge for the delivery. I'll share your feedback regarding delivery time frames with the appropriate folks at USAA. 

To address your concern about military service, one in five USAA employees is a veteran or military spouse, and more than 30% of new hires are also veterans or military spouses. ~DC