I need to get this message to AVP Martin J. Wiggins

LtJG Retired
Contributor

To:  AVP Martin J. Wiggins:

RE:  USAA's "Robo-Letter" titled: "Action Needed:  Submit Credit Card Payment" ... RE: CC # [removed Credit Card number]

Ironically this credit card  was previously connected with what I believe was my credit card # [removed Credit Card number], and was used by my wife... and somehow we began to receive single composit statements showing both of our card's charges together... and then because I chose to go "paperless", my wife no longer received her completely separate statement which she VERY MUCH  (as was made aware to me) prefers here affairs to be!!!

I refer to your letter as a "Robo-Letter" as just a day or so ago, I received a phone call from someone there at USAA's HO about this same oversight on our part.   Actually I previously paid from my USAA checking account what I thought was the full amount due on what I believe was this same credit card Judy had been using... just to clear up and (I thought) finalize and do away with this problem... for you see Judy has actually NOT used this credit card for quite some time and (at my request), she had opened a Credit Card with her family's long-time local bank... and thus stopped using this USAA card.

So a day or so when we received a real person's phone call/voice message on our answering machine... well within minutes I placed a call back to the 800 ph# that was given... and I spoke with a very understanding employee and together I went OnLine and with his guidance, I immediately paid the charges that were due... and while he was still "on-the-ph-line" my checking account showed that the payment had been made.  So this is why I called your letter a "Robo-Letter"!!!

I'm all-but-certain that USAA has an entirely reasonable answer as to why our joint credit card accounts could NOT be handled as though separate accounts, but eventually out of self-defence and frustration, as I see it, I have now twice paid off "interest" and/or  "charges" for lated payments that would never have happened... for years now I have chosen to pay my USAA credit card ballances from my checking account! 

My only request is that USAA please make certain that there are NO remnents of either credit card number: [removed Credit Card number] or [removed Credit Card number] floating around in the H.O. computer's memories that will pop out again and cause me to have another heart "BYPASS" operation!!!! 

Best regards... after almost 50 years with USAA now !

Samuel x xxxx

**For your privacy, this post has been edited. 

1 REPLY

@LtJG Retired, We'd be happy to discuss your accounts, as well as the letter that you received. Please call us at 210-531-8722 or chat with us. From the USAA website, you can chat with us by selecting "Reach a Representative", "Contact USAA" or "Ask USAA". From the USAA Mobile App, you can select "Help" and then "Get Contact Options". ~DC