How to set up travel alerts while abroad?

Highlighted
ExpatEli
Contributor

I'm working abroad, and I chose to keep USAA as my main bank due to a long family loyalty and thinking they would be easy to work with due to their international experience. I want to travel while living overseas, so I need to set a travel notice. I try to on the website where it requires sending me an SMS notice, but it says that it cannot send text messages to international numbers. How can I set up my cards to use them while on vacation?

Most Helpful

@ExpatEli, I'd like to assist with troubleshooting the issue you're experiencing. First, please try to add the travel notice while using your mobile app, as this should allow you to without needing the code sent. From your account page, select MENU on the upper right of the mobile app, scroll to Travel Notifications to set you dates and select the cards you'd like added. Please let me know if the app allows you to add your notification. I'm here to help. ~ Lori 

5 REPLIES

@ExpatEli, I'd like to assist with troubleshooting the issue you're experiencing. First, please try to add the travel notice while using your mobile app, as this should allow you to without needing the code sent. From your account page, select MENU on the upper right of the mobile app, scroll to Travel Notifications to set you dates and select the cards you'd like added. Please let me know if the app allows you to add your notification. I'm here to help. ~ Lori 

@ExpatEli, Good Morning, just following up to see if you were able to successfully add the travel notice when you attempt via the mobile app. Let me know how it goes... ~ Lori 

Hi! It ended up working through the mobile app, eventually. Thanks. :) I tried that as soon as you mentioned it, but I got an error message. I just tried again though, and I was able to put one through. Thanks for the time you took to help!

Hi @ExpatEli, absolutely! We're happy to help anytime. Thanks for being a part of our USAA family!  ~Holland

Steps:

Click on the three dots on the upper right corner to see the menu

Click on Help

Click on "Notify USAA that I'm traveling"

Click on "Notify USAA that I'm traveling" again

Click on "Add or Manage Travel Notification" and add the cards/accounts