How do I remove a non-USAA account from my account manager?

Highlighted
Jrhuncle
Contributor

How do I remove a non-USAA account from my account manager?

Most Helpful

@Jrhuncle, if you are trying to remove an external account off your payee list, you can do this online. Under the Pay Bills page, you will need to select Manage Payment Accounts. Here you will have the option remove the account under I Want To. Please let me know if you need any other assistance. -Colleen

6 REPLIES

@Jrhuncle, if you are trying to remove an external account off your payee list, you can do this online. Under the Pay Bills page, you will need to select Manage Payment Accounts. Here you will have the option remove the account under I Want To. Please let me know if you need any other assistance. -Colleen

Everytime I click on "Manage Payment accounts for non-USAA bills", it trys to get me to apply for a USAA banking account.

@Jrhuncle, We'd be happy to walk you through the process. Please send a private message to begin the conversation. To enable private messages, select your user name at the top, right-hand side of the page. Go to My Settings and select Turn on Private Messages and then Save. To send a private message, select your user name and then the envelope, followed by Send Private Message. ~DC

I feel that that “social services” people would do better by asking “relevant” questions before offering advice. Maybe the member could not figure out how to remove an external account from the transfer/manage account list for funds transfers or bill pay, but what if it were an account added to Money Manager to track and they are having issues deleting the account. You all draw the members away from the conversation of help within the member community without advising the millions of members of how you resolved the issue therefore leaving the masses in the dark. I get some USAA website details may be proprietary, however, we are logged onto this app with secure login details and I think it is only fair to share how to resolve such simple transactional questions on such a complex website. Members turn to the community forum to learn new things, share experiences and complain about politics. Please offer/share the transparency in the help members are seeking instead of drawing them off into little help caves when they are asking for simple help on the member forums. I love USAA but there is much room for improvement in this social channel.
Btw... click My Tools>Manage Accounts>I want to>remove from USAA>confirm 🤫

@COscum, your feedback regarding the responses to members inquiries for help is appreciated and will be shared with our team in an effort to improve our services. We make every effort to offer as much help as we can in this forum before taking a conversation offline. In some cases it is necessary to discuss further details in a private setting. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. - Rhonda