How do I make a joint checking/savings account with my girlfriend or spouse?

Highlighted
jeepzj98
Contributor

I want to make a joint checking/savings account with my significant other, but I'm not sure how to go about making one. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Most Helpful

@jeepzj98, hello I understand you would like to open a joint account. You can easily establish a joint checking and savings account online by going to the Products tab and select checking under the Banking column. During the application process you will be able to select the option for a joint account as well as the option to also open a savings account. The minimum opening deposit for each account is $25.00. I hope this information is helpful. - Rhonda

3 REPLIES

@jeepzj98, hello I understand you would like to open a joint account. You can easily establish a joint checking and savings account online by going to the Products tab and select checking under the Banking column. During the application process you will be able to select the option for a joint account as well as the option to also open a savings account. The minimum opening deposit for each account is $25.00. I hope this information is helpful. - Rhonda

I just opened an account that is supposed to be a joint account meaning two people are the primary holder but instead the account only has me as the primary holder. Can this be changed to have both of us as the primary holder?

Thanks for reaching out, @FrankCable - I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to add the joint account holder when you opened the account. However, you are able to do so, online, at your convenience. Simply select the account, click the Account Details tab, then from within the Account Holders section, click Add an Account Holder. Follow the prompts, and provide the requested information. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions. - Cathleen