How do I get to a customer service manager?

iritated
Contributor

I've had three calls to the 877 number with no real help.  Now three messages though the message center and they just keep telling me to call the 877 number.  I need an excallation path.

10 REPLIES

@iritated, I would be glad to assist you with your concerns. I would first need to understand a bit about what is happening. You can send a private message if you like. What we do in this channel is forward your post for review to the appropriate area. Thank you ~ Suzy

To send a private message : Select username on the top right-hand corner >My Settings >Turn on Private Messages >Save.

To send a PM select username >Envelope Icon >Send Private Message.

There is no option under My Settings for turing on private messages

@iritated, I was able to send a private message to you. Please reply with the details of your situation. Thank you. ~ Suzy

where would I see that?

@iritated, I am sorry it will not let me reply in private any longer. That is ok. Maybe just keep it high level. We want to protect any account specific details. ~ Suzy

I need to speak to a customer service manager. 

Short story:

Kept getting messages about USAA about needing a W-9, no idea why, I've had accounts for 20+ years and it's never been an issue before.  I called the call center the idiot on the phone couldn't explain why one was needed or why, when I tried to ffollow the instructions for siging one, nothing happened as the e-mail suggeted it would.  He said if I didn't sign it they'd take taxes from my account.  I asked to speak to a supervisor.  I was transfered to a survery and disconnected. 

I called again I still didn't get an explanation of why a W-9 was needed but was told a form would be put in my documents.

3 days later there was still nothing there.  I called again.  I finally got someone who said they were a supervisor and was told thta during a USAA internal audit they dicoverd that I didn't have a W-9 associated with my account and that I needed to sign one.  I was told that the process in the e-mail wouldn't work for me because they already had a signature card on file.  I was told one would be put in my documents and that I could sign it electronically and it would be automatically submitted.  I asked why I should beleive that this time since that's what they'd told me 3 days ago and nothing happened.  I didn't get a response to that.

a few days later there is  a W-9 in my documents, but it's a .pdf.  There is no way to sign it electronically.  There is no message with instructions on what to do.

Since I've had no luck at this point with the call center I try the message center.  The drop down boxes are useless for narrowing my problem.  I hope it gets to someone with somethign between their ears and write the following:

Me December 05 / 08:20 AM
Reference Account: PERFORMANCE FIRST SAVINGS #****7929
After 3 calls to customer service please explain why I still do not have a W-9 in my documents that I can sign and upload.
I expect a response from a supervisor who has read the notes on my calls and can actually do something. I do not have time to spend 15 minutes on hold, again, while another agent tries to figure this out.
The response:
USAA December 06 / 08:05 AM

Dear
We received your message about your account. After review of your request, we regret we're unable to handle it through this channel because it needs to be discussed with a specialized representative. At your convenience, chat with us online or call us at 210-531-USAA (8722), our mobile shortcut #8722 or 800-531-8722.

We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs.
Thank you,
USAA
I try again:
Me December 07 / 04:43 PM
You expect me to call again after 3 tries where the staff failed?! I need to bypass the normal call center who have repeatedly been unable to help me. I need an escalation path.
The response:
USAA December 08 / 09:14 AM

Dear
We do apologize for the inconvenience, we regret we're unable to handle it through this channel because it needs to be discussed with a specialized representative. At your convenience, chat with us online or call us at 210-531-USAA (8722), you may request to speak with a supervisor. Our mobile shortcut #8722 or 800-531-8722.

We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs.
Thank you,
USAA

I try again:

Me December 13 / 06:33 PM
Your response is completely inadequate.
Where to I file a complaint?
What is the mailing address for customer service?
Then I start trying to find any other way to get to customer service or member advocay, to no avail, and finally end up on a public community griping site.

@iritated, Thank you. I very much appreciate your explaining the situation that led you to request a manager. What happens now is I will forward your post for review. What that means is it goes to our Member Advocacy group that reports to the CEO. They will reach out to you using the information listed in your profile. ~Suzy

where is the private message?

@iritated, I was trying to troubleshoot the issue a bit. If this is your first time in the Member Community, you may have to log off and back in to see the private message option. I am sorry I really don't wish to create additional frustration. ~ Suzy