How can a tenant transfer rent from a Bank of America account to my USAA account automatically each month?

Highlighted
Blazer 2000
Contributor

I have a tenant who traditionally sends rent payment my mail.  However, getting to the post office has become difficult, and the tenant would like to transfer the rent amount from Bank of America to my USAA checking account directly.  The tenant does not use a computer, but has discussed Zelle as a possibiity.  Is the use of Zelle possible, and if so, how do I obtain the USAA mobile app?  Is there a better way to do this that you can suggest?  Thanks.

Most Helpful

@Blazer 2000, Zelle would be a great option to receive the money if BOA allows them to use this. They would just need the phone number or email address that you register with Zelle to complete this transfer. To get the USAA mobile app you will need to go to the app store on your phone and download it. If you have any questions you can call our website support department at 877-632-3002. Respectfully, Colleen

5 REPLIES

@Blazer 2000, Zelle would be a great option to receive the money if BOA allows them to use this. They would just need the phone number or email address that you register with Zelle to complete this transfer. To get the USAA mobile app you will need to go to the app store on your phone and download it. If you have any questions you can call our website support department at 877-632-3002. Respectfully, Colleen

Yes this is possible.... Give your tenant your USAA account number/routing and tell them to set it up just like they are paying any other bill through Bank America.

This works great for getting the money, however, know that there is no way to set this as an automatic payment, at least that I can find. As the tenant, I want to be sure my landlord gets the money without worry and fail. If they have to do it manually every month it might be late. . .Just an FYI. If there is a way to make it transfer automatically with Zelle, I would love to know.

@CattyD, currently Zelle does not have the option to set up automatic transfers. -Colleen

Bank of America has the option to set up a recurring payment.  Your tenant just needs your routing and account number.  Since he doesn't use a computer, he would have to make a trip to a branch office to do this, but afterwards it would occur like clockwork.