How can I transfer my Bank of America accounts over to USAA?

Crew Cheif 89
Contributor

I want to transfer both my checking and savings accounts to USAA. What is the best way to do that?

Most Helpful

@Crew Cheif 89, I'm happy to help with that, so let me walk you through the process.

First, we need to add the transfer account:
1. Select My Tools at the top of the page.
2. Under the Transfers menu, select Add an Account.

On this page, you'll see instructions with prompts for verifying the account before it can be used. The verification process takes 3 business days to complete and the option to enter the trial amounts won't be available until after the third day.

Let me know if you have any issues and I'll be here to help if you need me. ~Sarah 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES

@Crew Cheif 89, I'm happy to help with that, so let me walk you through the process.

First, we need to add the transfer account:
1. Select My Tools at the top of the page.
2. Under the Transfers menu, select Add an Account.

On this page, you'll see instructions with prompts for verifying the account before it can be used. The verification process takes 3 business days to complete and the option to enter the trial amounts won't be available until after the third day.

Let me know if you have any issues and I'll be here to help if you need me. ~Sarah 

View solution in original post

I just put money into my new USAA accounts so I guess I need to wait . Thank you 

You are welcome! Once you add the external account to your transfer funds list, you can then start making transfers. To do this: Go to My Tools, under Transfers, select Transfer Between Accounts. Have a wonderful day! :) ~Sarah 

Best thing I could have ever done! BoA will nickel and dime you to death!!! Lol. It's scary at first because it's strictly online but you will come to love the USAA Mobile app feature to deposit your checks!!! 

Best thing I could have ever done! BoA will nickel and dime you to death!! Lol. It's scary at first because it's strictly online but you will come to love the USAA Mobile app feature to deposit your checks!

Thank you for sharing your experience @Mickimac. We greatly appreciate your membership :) -Colleen