Highlighted
upset3
Contributor
Would like to know if usaa is helping other agencies other then the coast guard. There are many veterans in other agencies such as CBP,TSA,CUSTOMS. ARE THEY GOING TO EXTEND HELP TO THEM.

47 REPLIES

Hello @upset3 we understand that some of our non-military members are impacted by the current government shutdown, but given the difficulty in determining each federal department’s approach and each member’s status, we’ve had to limit this offer to active duty Coast Guard and NOAA Corps employees.  We encourage you to call us directly to discuss your specific situation, so we can help determine the best option for you. - Ralph 

Seriously!? Everyone impacted gets a furlough notice. Can't even be bothered to help the bulk of impacted customers!? As soon as pay is back up and running I'm gone from usaa.

@Matt236, We understand that some of our non-military members are impacted by the current government shutdown, but given the difficulty in determining each federal department’s approach and each member’s status, we’ve had to limit this offer to active duty Coast Guard and NOAA Corps employees.  We encourage you to call us directly to discuss your specific situation, so we can help determine the best option for you. -Colleen

First of all, I’ve been a USAA member now for 16 years. I started with USAA when I was active duty in the Marine Corps, now I’m an “essential” govt. employee working with no pay.

My pains with USAA extend beyond this shutdown, but this is just icing on the cake! Rarely if ever are they looking out for the “member” (I use that term lightly as USAA’s commercials on TV are a complete joke!). USAA does not look for what they can do to help their “members” out, they look for what helps the companies’ pockets.

I have everything with USAA...investments, insurance, mortgage, etc..., but I believe this is the straw that broke the camels back.

How about one time, one time, USAA steps up, thinks proactively and offers some help to “members” who are being effected by this issue right now.

But, I’m not holding my breath!
It’s a joke. I’m leaving USAA after 42 plus years as soon as shutdown is over. If USAA CEO steps up in helping all federal govt employees regardless of CG or NOAA then I will reconsider. USAA was great when I first joined but now with how things are with leadership it makes me really wonder. Without members there is no USAA. Let’s hope USAA CEO is looking out for all the members not select people.
It’s a joke. I’m leaving USAA after 42 plus years as soon as shutdown is over. If USAA CEO steps up in helping all federal govt employees regardless of CG or NOAA then I will reconsider. USAA was great when I first joined but now with how things are with leadership it makes me really wonder. Without members there is no USAA. Let’s see what happens.

Hello @NASA BOB123, I regret to her that you feel this way. I do show your concerns have been shared with the appropriate area. We appreciate your patience while they have the opportunity to review.  -Emily

Just remember all who read this: Stewart Parker, the USAA CEO has a daughter in the Coast Guard.  I wonder why the Coast Guard gets help but the rest of us are kicked to the curb.   Hmm.

It doesn't matter. I'm NOAA corps with a credit score over 750 and I was denied the loan. You could say the loan is only for those who fit some magically maligned algorithm after USAA took its tools away from its agents and automated them. I would like to know the statistics of how many of these loans were denied.