jsk2110
Contributor
I’m impacted by the government shutdown, will USAA waive interest charges on my credit card?

9 REPLIES

@jsk2110, we will not be waiving interest on the USAA credit cards. Please contact us via chat or by phone at 800-531-8722 so that we can further discuss your options. 

Interesting, as I just got off the phone with somebody there at USAA, as I was calling to discuss my options, on my mortgage, home owners insurance, auto insurance payments, car payment, credit card payment and all the other things I have with USAA and was basically told "too bad so sad" you don't work for the Coast Guard or NOAA, there is no direction for any other agency.  Which is great since I am "essential personnel" and have to still commute to work everyday and still am out here in harms way everyday.  Come on USAA, get your act together, Chase Bank, Wells Fargo and Navy Fed are all deferring payments.  Might be time to switch over to Navy Fed and give them my money. 

@Michigan101We understand that some of our non-military members are impacted by the current government shutdown, but given the difficulty in determining each federal department’s approach and each member’s status, we’ve had to limit this offer to active duty Coast Guard and NOAA Corps employees. ~ Samantha 

That is a ridiculous response to those who bank, have investments, and have been members for over 14 years.  Give me a break - I'm going to look at other financial providers who respect me as a customer.  I am furloughed and not getting a paycheck.  Why no help?

@Bevinbell, Thank you for reaching out in our Member Community. I will forward your post for review with the appropriate area. ~Suzy

Samantha, your response is not an effective one.  ALL federal govenment employees who are furloughed WILL NOT be getting a paycheck.  That is the law when it comes to being furloughed due to a government shutdown. They don't all handle it differently.  USAA using that as a reason is inappropriate and a slap in the face to all other federal agency employees who bank with you.  I work with the FBI, who is also furloughed and we received written notification yesterday that our payroll is not being processed. That simple,  We will NOT see a check tomorrow or Satuday.  It would be a great gesture to your clientele if USAA could offer 0% loans in the interim like other banks who have federal clientele are offering as well as 'depositing a regulr paycheck amount' into our bank accounts as if we were getting paid, and then simply pull the amount back when the furlough is lifted.  That IS what other bank are doing.

Well, here is an outstandingly easy solution to said difficulties, all Federal Checks are direct deposited, it is not hard when somebody calls you, to check and see that there has been no check deposited.  Like I said before, several other banks are on board with this... Can I please have a name and direct phone number to somebody that will be able to actualy offer some assistance?

Hello @Michigan101, please contact us directly at 1-800-531-8722 to discuss your situation and better understand your options. -Colleen

Same issue here-ridiculous response to crisis for members. USAA values just do not really exist. So sad