Jon13
Contributor
If the government shuts down is USAA going to provide help to service members who may not be getting paid?

Most Helpful

Hi Jimmie2, Please click this link to learn more on all the details and eligibility. http://usaa.us/2EYXAuy. I hope this helps. - Ben

34 REPLIES

Jon13, We understand your concern about a potential government shutdown. USAA is prepared to offer a no-interest, 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) payroll advance to military personnel with existing direct deposit at USAA. If a disruption in payments seems likely, USAA will email those members and provide information in the "My Offers" section of usaa.com. ~Darcy

Does that offer include DOD Civilian employees as well?

Aegius - Thank you for your post in our community. I'm happy to address your concerns. USAA will provide a onetime payroll advance loan to cover pay or benefits to the following groups, as long as those payments are direct deposited at USAA Bank:

• Active duty
  • Guard and Reserve
  • Military retirees

Please let us know if you have additional questions. - Tricia

I'm an USAF vet, and my husband is a navy contractor. Are there any provisions in place to help us during this time?

Hi MillMatt, USAA will provide a onetime payroll advance loan to cover pay or benefits to the following groups, as long as those payments are direct deposited at USAA Bank:

• Active duty

• Guard and Reserve

• National Guard technicians (reservists not serving in active duty positions and weekend National Guard assignments)

• USPHS and NOAA Corps employees

For those who are adversely impacted by this potential federal funding lapse, we’d encourage them to contact us so we can identify solutions that meet their particular need. Members should contact us at 800-531-USAA (8722). Thank you! -Marisa

USAA member for nineteen (19) years, work for Homeland Security Investigations, how did USAA come to the decision that they would not support other members of the Department of Homeland Security with no interest loans? What incentive do I have to stay with USAA, when USAA is not there when I need them most?

@MSMcCarthy3026,  We understand that some of our non-military members are impacted by the current government shutdown, but given the difficulty in determining each federal department’s approach and each member’s status, we’ve had to limit this offer to active duty Coast Guard and NOAA Corps employees.  We encourage you to call us directly to discuss your specific situation, so we can help determine the best option for you. 800-531-8722    Thank you   ~Tom

Thanks for the reply Tom, I already contacted USAA and was quoted a rate no where near as low as the interest rate that USAA is providing USCG personnel. USAA is supposed to be there for its members but unfortunately not during a government shutdown when we need it most.

Does this include loans for VA Benefits during government shutdown?