FDA1
Contributor
Are you offering any assistance to government employees affected by the furlough that are not currently military?

3 REPLIES

Hi @FDA1We understand that some of our members who are federal employees are also impacted by the current government shutdown.

USAA is offering up to a 90-day payment deferment on credit cards, up to a 60-day payment deferment on loans, and special payment arrangements for insurance on eligible accounts.

So we can help determine the best option for you, we encourage you to contact us directly to discuss your specific situation, at 210-531-8722, or via secure online chat24/7 by selecting Contact Us from the HELP tab. For the latest updates, login to usaa.com. ~Holland

I called yesterday asking about the same thing. Although my credit card payment is deferred from another month (thank you), I am not qualified to receive a loan at the same interest rate they offer Coast Guard members or other government agencies on their short list. I served several tours in combat, retired from the military, and have been a USAA member for over 10 years, but apparently that means nothing. I currently work for the Department of Homeland Security. We struggle just like all of the other goverernment employees and their families due to the shutdown. I’m looking into other options, such as the Navy Federal Credit Union. Perhaps they can better care and support.

@Badmonkey_03, we're sorry to hear of your disappointment. We will pass your feedback along to the appropriate team. Thank you. ~Holland