Leo99
Contributor

Do you provide this type of loan like Navy federal?  For all Federal employees not just a few.

Moderator Note:  Due to USAA Moderation Guidelines, this post was edited

13 REPLIES

@Leo99, we are always reviewing our product offerings to ensure we are providing the best possible solutions for our members.  In this case, we’ve developed a product that can be quickly targeted to the specific members impacted by the government shutdown, while still providing outstanding member value.  We are committed to finding the best ways to serve our members and help them protect their financial interests, now and in the future. ~ Marco

What is the product called and how do members access the application?

Hello @Kasia Travis, I'm sorry to hear you've been affected by the shutdown. We understand that some of our non-military members are impacted by the current government shutdown, but given the difficulty in determining each federal department’s approach and each member’s status, we’ve had to limit this offer to active duty Coast Guard and NOAA Corps employees.  

We encourage you to call us directly to discuss your specific situation, so we can help determine the best option for you. ~ Lori C

thats pretty crummy.  

especially for those of us that are required to still work and dont know when we will be paid.

Border Patrol Agent here, I'm an Army veteran and long-time USAA member.

This is unfortunate to hear. With all of these other banks offering options in these instances, it's going to be hard to ignore them.

As for "the difficulty in determining each federal department’s approach and each member’s status"....well the BASICS go as follows: If you're a federal employee and the government is shut down, you're not getting paid whether you work during the furlough or not (at least until the shutdown is over). Each member's status can simply be verified with a quick call to their employer, or through any of the various automated employment verification systems utilized by various federal agencies.

I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed, @JHilliard, and thank for reaching out. We are committed to finding a solution for all of our members affected by this shutdown so I encourage you to call us directly at  210-531-8722 to discuss your options. - Cathleen

Federal Special Agent here, Air Force veteran and long time USAA member.  In response to verifying status of specific individuals affected by the furlough most or all federal employees should have received a furlough letter for identifying the status of personnel.  This should be used by USAA as an official document to help assist in this matter in identifying targeted federal employees affected by the government shutdown.  

As in a previous post by a USAA customer service rep there was no indication or link to where the targeted product for members is located.  Please specify where members could go to review the product to see if we are eligable to apply.

Thank you.

Good morning @JeCo and thank you for your 22 years of membership and service.  Members that are affected by the recent furlough will see offers available on usaa.com and their USAA mobile app after Dec. 27th.  If you have additional questions or concerns, please reach out to our representatives via chat or phone, by selecting the "HELP" link at the top of our website and enter information when prompted.  After answering a couple of questions, it will allow you to select a chat if available or have you call USAA from your mobile app.  I appreciate you reaching out to us via USAA Community and thank you again for your service.  ~ Marco

So true. USAA is a Fortune 500 company. How do they not have the resources to check this? Plus direct deposited checks are easy to verify; for years they are there biweekly. Then nothing. Easy check. Pathetic excuse.