Longhorn08
Contributor

I opened up checking and savings accounts several months ago with USAA and I've never been able to transfer funds out to other banks. Every time I attempt to I get the following error message: Some of your accounts are not available for use due to recent USAA bank account activity. Only eligible accounts are displayed. 

Anybody else get this? Is there some sort of account restriction I don't know about? I searched but couldn't find any answers.

3 REPLIES

Longhorn08, there are several reasons this message can appear under the Transfer Funds option online. Some reasons for this type of funds transfer restriction are due to a new banking relationship with USAA, returned transfers, problems setting up external bank accounts, or the status of a USAA account. Whenever you see this message, it's best to contact us to take a closer look at your accounts to see what may have caused the restriction. I was able to take a look at your account and sent you an email online to provide you with additional details. I hope this helps clear up any confusion. -Marisa

Can restictions be removed for returned transfers? If so, what are the requirements?

@SEEDOUBLEU4, restrictions may be removed when the account shows a steady history of positive account activity. Meaning, there cannot be any funds transfer returns, NSF fee's, overdrafts, return deposit items and positive balances. ~ Samantha