Highlighted
Stanley1
Contributor

just got my letter today from USAA. Credit limit cut $20,000. Had a card for over 10 years. Always on time payments. Now a credit limit of only $500.  You treat me like a scum. Was invited to reapply in 6mos, with higher credit utilization and lower credit score, who needs your $15 increase?   I treat it as a stub in the face.       

Will be closing.

USAA has a history of relaxing the rules when it bleeds customers, happened in 2008/09.

It's always best for customers to always remember how you were treated. It is time for customers to vote with their money. 

Most Helpful

I understand how important the verbal component in customer communications. And although you may be speaking from the heart, these are just words. The actions, however, speak louder than words. The credit limit reduction of $20,000 is final according to USAA. 

I did reapply and was immediately rejected. 

I closed the credit card because your actions were incomprehensively inappropriate. I have $30,000 w/ Navy Credit Union and PENFED and happy that they treat their members with respect.

The actions of USAA spoke that you equate me to a scum who doesn’t know how to manage a high credit limit.

There are companies that SPEAK + ACT with respect.

Closed my or rather your credit card. 

"Newton's third law is: For every actionthere is an equal and opposite reaction."

4 REPLIES

Hello. I'm truly sorry for any disappointment we may have caused you due to the credit limit decrease. We regularly review our members credit card accounts and make adjustments when necessary. If you like we would love to personally speak with you one on one so we can address any questions and concerns you may have. Please contact our Credit Card Servicing Department at 210-531-USAA (8722), our mobile shortcut #8722 or 800-531-8722. Our normal business hours which are Monday through Friday 5 a.m. - 12 a.m. CT and Saturday: 6 a.m. - 10 p.m. CT and Sunday: 8 a.m.- 6 p.m. CT. Thank you so much and hope to speak with you!

Darrell

I understand how important the verbal component in customer communications. And although you may be speaking from the heart, these are just words. The actions, however, speak louder than words. The credit limit reduction of $20,000 is final according to USAA. 

I did reapply and was immediately rejected. 

I closed the credit card because your actions were incomprehensively inappropriate. I have $30,000 w/ Navy Credit Union and PENFED and happy that they treat their members with respect.

The actions of USAA spoke that you equate me to a scum who doesn’t know how to manage a high credit limit.

There are companies that SPEAK + ACT with respect.

Closed my or rather your credit card. 

"Newton's third law is: For every actionthere is an equal and opposite reaction."

I understand your concerns, @ Stanley1. I apologize that you feel this way. I will have your concerns submitted to a subject matter expert for review. ~ Samantha

hi Sam,

I received the decision letter electronically in my inbox:"Reasons Affecting Our Decision  Our decision to decline your request was based on the following reasons: Maximum Credit Limit Reached ."    

How unethical of your company to do a hard pull, when you in-house already pre-decided who gets what.

Your company is pathetic, $500 is the maximum credit limit ? Don't make people laugh.  I applied yesterday at GAP for their Visa and got instantly approved for much higher limit.  I'm glad to close out your card. 

It's dangerous to deal with your company, you can come up with all sorts of reasons, legeal or illigal.

For interested people:

"The agency’s Web-based Consumer Response Center allows credit card holders to file complaints online or via a toll-free number: 855-411-CFPB (2372). "

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau