jmtx1110
Contributor

In my 20+ years of membership with USAA, I have never had a poor customer service experience until last night.  I was dining with friends, and when I gave the waitress my USAA Amex Card, she returned to the table and told me the card was rejected.  I then gave her my USAA Visa card and the same thing happened.  Since there should have been no issue with my accounts, I came home and called USAA credit card services.  After an exceptionally unproductive and painful 26 minute conversation where the rep kept telling me to "listen", I was still not sure if the problem had been solved or if there was even a problem to begin with.  However, I had been notified by USAA several weeks prior, that a new Visa card was being issued (still haven't received) to me due to a problem with my current one but that I could continue to use the one I had until the new one arrived.  However, the rep I talked to last night was uncertain as to whether or not that was the reason my Visa card was declined.  He was unable to provide any help or reassurance as to the problem with either the Visa card or Amex card.  This has left me thinking I should call back on Monday and try and talk to someone with more experience.

Despite this, I still consider USAA to be the gold standard for customer service which is why I was so surprised by my call last night.  I would appreciate any help you could provide to determine whether or not there is a problem with either of my cards.  Thank you!

2 REPLIES

Hi @jmtx1110, I'm sorry to hear of this experience you had with us while using your cards. I will have your feedback submitted in regards to this experience. Due to the complexity of this, please contact us at 210-531-8722 or initiate a chat on usaa.com. Thank you. ~Sarah 

Hi @jmtx1110, I'm sorry to hear of this experience you had with us while using your cards. I have located you in our system and will be forwarding your details to a subject matter for further review. ~Sarah