Mobrook
Contributor
Just filed due to issues I could not recover from and I signed a form to NOT include my auto loan from USAA my lawyer stated I had to sign an re-affirmation to continue paying it which I did. But when I went to pay it, it was no longer listed for me too pay. This is bad I don't need my truck taken since I can and want to repay the loan never missed one payment and want to keep it that way

3 REPLIES

Hello Mobrook.  The best option would be to call us at 800-284-9821 (Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. CT) and speak with our Member Debt Solution area to help get this updated.  We send our best wishes :) ~JM

Highlighted

I have tried calling the number listed because the same thing is happening to me and I am on hold for at least 30 minutes at a time. I can't spend my entire work day on hold waiting for someone to give me an answer to a question I shouldn't have to ask. My information should still be available to view on my profile!

Hi @donianhasmine I understand your concern. My apologies for the hold time, but we appreciate your patience while we try to answer each member accordingly. ~ Samantha