Katmg
Contributor
My husband and I are buying our first home and the realtor only accepts cashiers checks. As a USAA member where should I go? I need to send it tomorrow, I used to do this in store at my old bank but, well, USAA isn't exactlty brick aad mortar.

4 REPLIES

Katmg, congratulations on the purchase of your first home! You may purchase a cashiers/official check with USAA and expedite your check or you can make a purchase with your debit card and purchase a cashiers check at a local bank. Please contact us at 800-531-8722, to request an official check or increase the withdrawal limit for your debit card. Our hours of operation are:
Monday to Friday - 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday - 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Hopefully your mortgage isn't with USAA! If so, it will be sold off to nationstar mortgage and it is an F rated business!

ENLsDAD,

We appreciate you taking the time to post in the Community. USAA did not sell your mortgage to Nationstar. USAA remains the servicer of your loan. USAA has selected Nationstar to subservice your loan on its behalf for services such as collecting and processing your payments, paying your taxes and insurance from your escrow account (if applicable) and answering questions regarding your mortgage loan. -Gus

Detailed information about requesting an official check (aka a cashiers check) can be found here, as well as more in depth answers to frequently asked questions regarding official checks.

https://communities.usaa.com/t5/Money-Matters/How-to-Request-an-Official-Cashiers-Check/ba-p/117919

Thank you!