chpa31
Contributor
Please please help me figure out how to turn OFF the savings booster. I signed up a while ago and now randomly get $3-8 Transferred to my savings account and need this to stop. I can’t for the life of me figuring out how or where to turn it off. I called yesterday to ask how and the woman didn’t know and while waiting to be transferred to a senior person, the call disconnected, so still got no answer.

10 REPLIES

Thank you for your post chpa31, please reply "STOP" to the text you receive notifying you of the savings transfer. This will cancel the enrolment in your saving booster program. ~Michelle

I do not get the texts from saving booster to be able to cancel. How can I cancel this dreadful thing!!??? I need to cancel this.

I called customer service and they had no clu eon how to do it,t old me to use the website but there is no turn off option. This h is terrible on USAA part to not allow you to cancel something on website.

Please help. I need to get this cancelled!

@islacerrera, I can understand how frustrating it must be not to be able to easily turn off this feature. To cancel Text Savings please text STOP to 548722. I hope this information is helpful. Thank you for reaching out to us for assistance. - Rhonda

This did not work for me. I have called 2x now and NO ONE seems to know anything about this.

@Wynne13, I am so sorry the previous instructions are not working for you. Since the previous process is not working as it should, I am going to have you call our Web Support area. The phone # 1-877-632-3002 when prompted ask for " Tech Support ". Thank you. ~ Suzy 

Yep. I tried calling 3 times to savings department. No one knows how to do it. No one even knows that it exists. They just transferred me to tech dept so they can create a ticket which they said should take about 24-48 hours to complete. I'm just amazed on how many agents you have to talk to solve one specific issue. This is not the first, not the second, but the third time I have to be transferred 4 times to 4 different people to help me solve my issue.

@unsatisfied Member 2, I understand the frustration with not having Savings Booster turn off as requested. I have reached out to a subject matter expert and owner of that process to advise of what needs to be done to have it turned off. It will also identify for them any issues with the program. In regards to being transferred around, thank you for sharing with us your experience with calling in. It is our top priority to make sure the agents answering the phones are skilled and provide the service you deserve. It is appreciated when you take your time to advise us when that doesn't happen. I will respond back to you once I get a response. Thank you ~ Suzy

Hello, I hope your day is going well. I wanted to again apologize for the confusion and struggle to get a clear response to your question. You have been given direction to Text " Stop " to 548-722 but that would only be if your were using the Text savings within the Savings Booster tool. With that said, if your enrolled in the recurring transfers in the Savings Booster tool you will need to go to the Savings Booster Main page on usaa.com or the mobile app where you can manage your enrollment from there, to include turning it off.  I am here if you have additional questions. ~ Suzy

This is 100% incorrect.

Texting " Stop " to 548-722 does not work.

Also, it is not possible to manage Savings Booster on a desktop or mobile device because there is no option to turn it off or disenroll. This does not work.

I called 4 times this week and no one could turn it off. This does not work. Some reps were not familiar with Savings Booster so this could add to the aggravation. 

If you do screen share with the USAA rep, they cannot see your screen while looking at the Savings Booster page. 

I am still enrolled in Savings Booster and no one can turn it off after:

1. Texting " Stop " to 548-722.

2. Managing the enrollment online.

3. Calling USAA Banking.

4. Chatting with USAA Banking.

5. Requesting a Tech Support work order.