ejepp
Contributor

How can CREDCO run my credit if I did not complete the pre-qualification form for a mortgage?  

20 REPLIES

ejepp, I am sorry to hear of your concerns with CREDCO. Please contact us at 800-531-8722 and we will be happy to further assist you with this. -Jeanni

The same thing just happened to me last month! I am so upset that an un-authorized credit pull was done! I have read online in other forums that Credco does multiple credit pulls, keeping it active on your credit report! I am furious!

Sheila1972,

I regret to hear of your experience. This is not the level of service we expect for our members. I have taken this opportunity to share your experience with a colleague in the mortgage area. They will research this matter further and reach back to discuss with you. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

The same thing happened to me! Now my credit score is down 40 points and it has been months. I never went through with the mortgage application and I am very disappointed in USAA.

Oh no @KrystalDee that is not the experience we want our members to have. I was able to locate your information and will be sharing your concerns with a subject matter expert. I appreciate your patience.

USAA, you have screwed us over.

Me & my wife are planning on buying our first home.

We've been very carefully doing research on the whole home-buying process, including which banking institution would provide us with the best rates.

We looked into USAA because we have our vehicle & renters insurance through you.

What we did not expect was USAA running our credit WITHOUT OUR AUTHORIZATION through a third-party company called CREDCO.

Now, both our credit scores have dropped and puts us in a very bad position.

I called USAA & spoke with mortgage loan officer Katina, who just plain told me "It's there, there's nothing I can do."

For a company who prides itself in putting it's customers first, that was a HUGE letdown.

@YvesPC,

I regret to hear of your experience. This is not the level of service we expect for our members. Your comments have been shared with a colleague in the mortgage area. They will research your experience and reach out to discuss their findings with you. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. I hope we can restore your trust in USAA. ~Gus

I also had my  redit score drop 37 points after Credco did a hard hit on my credit reports. I see lots of people complaining about this and then see replies saying it will be looked into but then there is no follow up. Why is there such a hugh hit on our credit scores from this"look"? I worked hard to fix my credit after a divorce and now this ruined all of the work.

Roy

@Armysarge, I regret to hear that your credit score was impacted by a credit pull. I would invite you to call our Originations department at (800) 531-8722 for guidance or you can reach out to CredCo directly to see if they can review the report to determine the cause for the impact. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! @heather