Bug in Pay Bills feature - allows you to select dates for payments that are not available.

Jessamyn
Occasional Contributor

Something has changed with the Pay Bills feature on USAA. The interface allows me to select dates for payment that create errors on the verification page. This fails in two ways.

1. I have a vendor I pay electronically

I select a payment date. If this payment date falls on a holiday I am allowed to go to the verification page but get an error when I try to finalize my payment. The Pay Bills page should not allow me to select a holiday originally if it's just going to give me an error on the next page, the same way it doesn't allow me to select weekends.

2. I have a vendor requiring a paper check
I select a payment date. If this payment is "too soon" (i.e. would not be able to get a paper check delivered in that amount of time) I am allowed to go to the verification page but get an error when I try to finalize my payment and have to go back to the Pay Bills page. This error is cryptic (shown below). The software should not let me select a date that is "too soon" on the initial page.

In the past, Pay Bills did not allow me to select a date that was "too soon" or that fell on a holiday or another unavailable day. Something is coded incorrectly in the current version of it and should be fixed. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 12.35.58 .png

4 REPLIES

Jessamyn - We appreciate the feedback. If you continue to see errors and have difficulty scheduling payments, please call our technical team for help at 877-632-3002 and say "technical support" at the prompt. Thanks, Jason

I am not having difficulties. There is a bug in how the Pay Bills feature is working. It is not working correctly. Would technical support be a better place to report a bug?

If this didn't used to be a problem for you but now is, I suspect there's something glitchy.  For me, I used to have this exact problem but now I don't.  I didn't change anything, the problem just went away.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our technical support team would be the best option to report this error as they will be able to troubleshoot and track the issue if needed. They may be reached at 877-632-3002, 7 days a week from 6 a.m. - 12 a.m. When you're prompted, please say "technical support."