Green Goblin
Contributor

I want to use Bill Pay but my biller has specified that I must have the text "Principal only payment - Loan Number" but I can't seem to find anywhere to fill this in. Is this possible ?

Tags (1)

3 REPLIES

@Green Goblin, it depends on the payment type. If a paper check is being sent to the payee, you will have the option to add a memo. If they payment is being sent via electronic payment there is not an option for the note. ~ Samantha 

I guess since it says estimated delivery in 2 days, I had assumed it was a check. I guess it is not since it only shows an optional note field that says "Only used for your records". Is there a definitive way to tell if the payment will be sent electronically or by check ?

@Green Goblin - How a payment is mailed depends on the merchant's preferences. You can review the previous payments that have posted to your account under the Previous Payments section to determine a history of how a payment has processed in the past. If it reflects as an ACH (Automated Clearinghouse) payment, it was sent electronically. If it reflects with a check number, it was a check. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns. - Cathleen