Brandon Belisle
Contributor

I'm not sure if I am the only one. However every card I scan and try to import into Apple Pay gets rejected. I see that USAA allows Apple Pay but I am unsure why it won't let me import my cards... Anyone have any ideas?

10 REPLIES

Brandon Belisle,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the issue you've experienced trying to add your accounts to Apple Pay. We would like an opportunity to assist you. We ask that you contact us at 1-800-531-8722 for assistance. Thank you. - Rhonda

Same problem here. I call USAA and they mumble that the card has to be entered first.. Catch 22.. 

Rhonda since you seem to be a bit more knowlegeable, how about providing a real resolution and a step by step. 

The only option we have as customers are:

Scan the card

put the security code

agree on USAA agreement

push next and be told to contact the credit card issuer : USAA.

When we call USAA we are told that the card has to be entered first before you guys can activate it...

So.. What's the resolution here? Bank with somebody else ?

Thank you.

Thanks for posting to our Community, PH35. For assistance with adding the cards to your Apple Pay, please call 210-531-8722 extension 21045. This will put you directly in touch with a specialized team to help get your cards added and ready for use. They can also help troubleshoot Apple Pay. I hope this helps. - Cathleen

You may want to contact USAA about that. I’ve never known of any ATM card with a Visa or MasterCard logo that Apple Pay will not except.
These are American Express cards not MasterCard or Visa.

Oh no @Beaufort, I have confirmed we have not been notified of any issues. Do you have the most updated version of the app? If the issue persist please call our website support team at 877-632-3002 and when prompted say 'technical support'. Thank you. -Emily

I’ve experienced this just recently.

Strangest thing.  I've tried to add my debit cards multiple times over the past several weeks, and kept getting an error message.  So I called 877-632-3002 as Emily suggested.  The woman who took my call talked me through the process.  Although I didn't do anything differently this time, both my debit cards went through without a hitch and she verified them for me while I was on the phone.  Not sure why it worked correctly today and didn't so many times before.  

I'm glad to hear you were able to get the cards setup, @Mo-ran. Not sure why you encountered the problem, either, but happy to know you're setup and ready now. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions. - Cathleen