ATM withdrawal issues at Bank of America ATMs

Highlighted
GKru
Contributor

My USAA debit card is not working at Bank of America ATMs. We have a BoA ATM at my workplace in Florida and I've recently tried to withdraw money and have gotten a "sorry, we are temporarily unable to complete your transaction at this time" error message. I used to be able to get money from that ATM and I thought it must have been something with that ATM in particular which was causing the problem, but I went to an actual BoA the other day on teh way to work and received the same error message at the drive thru ATM. Does this have something to do with USAA and BoAs relationship? If not, why would I be having these problems? Please advise

6 REPLIES

GKru - Sorry to hear you are having difficulty. There are currently no known issues with debit card use at Bank of America ATM's . It may be a local issue with the machine you tried? I hope this information is helpful. - Jason

I'm having the same issue. In the last week I've tried both of my cards (I have 2 checking accounts) at multiple ATM machines (at one BofA branch). If it helps, I'm located in Southern California.

@dmvcomics, I am very sorry to hear that your experiencing difficulty with using your USAA cards at an ATM. We would very much appreciate dates and times where these issues occurred. That would greatly help us identify the exact issue occurring. Please reply in a private message if you do have a specific date & time. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. ~ Suzy 

Private message sent. Hope I've provided some info that will help track down the issue. Thanks for your assistance!

(Note that I've found a second thread on this same topic here. [Edit: Looks like the URL is changed when posted.])

I have had this same issue here in SOCAL for the last 6 months since my son was born. I finally went into the BofA and asked the clerk and she hadn’t heard of the issue either. But it’s been happening for at least the last 6 months. Please figure out this issue USAA.

@Baby Doc88, that's quite some time to be having these troubles. Is it consistently at the same location, or at a variety of locations? Please let us know so I can pass along the feedback to the appropriate team. Thanks! ~Holland