CATDAD
Contributor

What Happened to the APP for Windows Phone?  I had it, it worked great... then stopped allowing logging in... and now is gone altogether.  Does anyone have a clue?

25 REPLIES

CATDAD, USAA currently supports the following mobile platforms, devices and technologies:

USAA App for iPhone, iPad & Apple Watch

• iPhone 5 and later
  • iPad 4 mini 2, Pro and later
  • iOS 10.0 and later
  • Apple Watch OS 3.0 and later

USAA Mobile App for Android

• Any Android phone or tablet running Android 5.0 or later
  • Any Android Wear device

If you need assistance with any of the above, please call 1-800-531-USAA (8722) and say "technical support" at the prompt. Representatives are available seven days a week from 6:00 a.m. until midnight CT. ~Darcy

You didn't answer his question. Why is the Windows Phone App no longer functioning and why was there no notification to those of us who use Windows phones.

safety jedi, our Website Support Team can address your inquiry in more detail. Please call 877-632-3002 and when prompted say "technical support." Thank you.

Agreed!!!  I've been using the app to deposit checks and now it just stopped.  While I can understand USAA pulling it (in time) after Microsoft announced that they are exiting the smartphone arena, USAA should have at least warned all of us users that the app would stop functioning and would be removed from the store.  I'm am VERY DISAPPOINTED with USAA as of late (and not just with this issue.)

Gadsden 1783 - I understand your concerns with making deposits via your Windows phone. You should still be able to make a deposit from the web browser on the phone through our mobile site mobile.usaa.com. If you have difficulty with the process, please call our troubleshooters for help at 877-632-3002 and say technical support at the prompt. Thanks for making your voice heard on this matter. - Jason

If you look at the mobile website, it specificially states:

Want to deposit checks into your USAA account wherever you are? All you need is our app for your Windows Phone 7- and it's free.

And then it gives a button to Download the App, which links to where the app used to be on the Windows Store... stating that the app is no longer available.  The only way to move forward is to go to the full site, but calling the site and process "clunky" on a phone is putting it mildly.

I did call the technical support line and their "answer" was to deposit checks at my local bank, which is neither convenient or timely.  USAA is digging their hole deeper and deeper.  While I understand phasing out support for Windows Phone/Mobile, it should have been done in stages and with plenty of warning so we customers could plan accordingly.

Highlighted

10key -  Unfortunately, we no longer provide support for the USAA mobile app via Windows phones. Based on feedback, we have made the decision to focus on enhancing the service through platforms most used by our members.  We are working diligently to update the website to avoid any confusion, and apologize for any inconvenience this causes.  Thank you. - Jason

If I didn't have my own recent problems with USAA, I would never have got on here to see what was happening to other people.  Seems to be a theme... USAA doesn't see it as cost effective to communicate with customers that aren't in certain majority groups, like iPhone/Android.  Windows phone?  Just turn off the service, it may irritate that group of users, but we're big enough to handle any losses.

I do not realistically expect that a representative is going to reply and concede to any of this. However, I am surprised that they couldn't have found someone in their hierarchy who had the authority to at least say "you know, that communication didn't go very well at all, we're sorry for that."  

And, no, apologizing for an inconvenience is not the same thing as admitting a mistake. Very disappointing.

Hello Jeff. Our social channel is not equipped to handle technical support, therefore that is the reason we referred the previous member to our Website Support Team who are equipped to help or address the concerns with the app. Any time our members experience an issue with our products and/or services we empathize because this is not what we want to happen. I'm sorry for any disappointment the App for Windows Phone is causing you. For concerns you may be experiencing please contact our Website Support Department at 1-877-632-3002 and when prompted ask for "tech support.” Thank you!