ACH Withdrawal posted to my account, USAA has no idea who it's going to...

Highlighted
TC94
Occasional Contributor

I have an ACH transaction posted to my account, not pending, POSTED!  I call USAA and am told it will be 24-48 hours before they can tell me where this money is going.  I waited on hold for almost 25 minutes just to be told I couldn't be helped.  Then I was asked if I had been given excellent customer support!!  Are you kidding me...

The customer service at USAA has gone downhill each year for the last 5 years, I am almost at the point where I am ready to leave USAA banking.

Most Helpful

@TC94, I do apologize for the misunderstanding. Under your user handle on top right corner of this page, you'll see a drop down menu. Just select the envelope icon and information on the chat link.

34 REPLIES

Hello @TC94, I apologize for this inconvenience. I would like to take a look at your transaction to see if I can better assist. I will be sending you a link to initiate a chat conversation with us, through a private message. ~ Samantha

Never got a private message request!

I'm sorry you did not receive the message I sent, @TC94. Regarding your transactions, we are aware that some transactions may be incorrectly showing up as ATM withdrawals or other mislabeled transactions. We are actively working on resolving the issue. We apologize for any confusion this is causing. ~ Samantha

How did you message me? My issue is that there is no information on the withdrawal. I also had to wait 25 minutes on hold to be told I had to wait up to 48 hrs to see where my money went. No offer to help, no offer to freeze my account to ensure I wasn't going to have more funds removed without authorization.

I understand your frustration, @TC94. As stated earlier, it is an issue that USAA is currently working to resolve so the transactions will reflect the correct information. Please continue to monitor your account, as once the issue is resolved you will see the updated information with the transaction. ~ Samantha

I think what's most frustrating about all these USAA issues is that half the people we end up talking to don't even inform us of a "known issue" and act as if it's brand new information to them! Like the issue with sending a message to USAA - they keep telling people the steps to sending a message but we're telling them IT'S BROKEN. It's almost as if only 1 in 5 of their current employees are the experienced employees who have been with the company for a few years and rest could care less to even try. :'(

@CoffeeDrinker, your feedback is important to us. We've received another post from you and will send it to our team for further review. A follow up will be made with you to address your concerns. Thank you. - Rhonda

I think what's most frustrating about all these USAA issues is that half the people we end up talking to don't even inform us of a "known issue" and act as if it's brand new information to them! Like the issue with sending a message to USAA - they keep telling people the steps to sending a message but we're telling them IT'S BROKEN. It's almost as if only 1 in 5 of their current employees are the experienced employees who have been with the company for a few years and rest could care less to even try. :'(

Wierd - I have 2 ACH withdrawals too, and have no idea what they are!  Was going to wait to call on Monday since it appears Customer Service isn't around on the weekends.