Breadcrumb Trail:

Highlighted

Usaa is different than it was

Usaa is different than it was

Hasitchanged's avatar User  Hasitchanged  (Opens a pop up layer) Occasional Contributor

Is it just me or has USAA changed? They (we) used to be a top notch outfit, leading the charge. Now it seems like it's a normal bank, a horrible home insurance place and a mediocre investment place. Customer service is adequate at best. First time I've considered moving everything-- after almost 30 years. Am I alone here?

Re: Usaa is different than it was

USAA Social Service's avatar User  USAA Social Service USAA Service

Hasitchanged,

We understand you have concerns regarding our products and services. We would like to assist you. Can you share more about anything specific that concerns you today so that we can engage the appropriate area to assist you? We look forward to hearing from you. - Rhonda

Me36's avatar User  Me36  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

You're not alone. In fact, when I tried to discuss my concerns I was told I should go elsewhere. Heartbreaking. I've been here for 27 years and have said nothing but praise - until now. πŸ™

Me36,

Your post is difficult to read. The last thing we want is to lose you as a member. Is there anything we can assist you with? If so, please share a few more details to ensure we engage the appropriate area to review. Thank you. - Rhonda

ak49watson's avatar User  ak49watson  (Opens a pop up layer) Occasional Contributor

USAA will close a member's account after 75 days of inactivity. This is extremely inconvenient, because we all know the Army could never not pay a soldier for 2 1/2 months. When I brought this to their attention, they said they notify members of pending account closure. On the USAA app and website. So if you don't have access to internet, you're SOL. So when your pay issues DO get sorted out, you'll be just tickled to find out you no longer have an account. This happened to me and another soldier in the last two weeks. USAA is no longer military friendly.- SGT Watson

Thanks for posting to our Community, ak49watson. I sent a reply to your original post regarding the closure. - Cathleen

Hasitchanged's avatar User  Hasitchanged  (Opens a pop up layer) Occasional Contributor

My immediate concern has to do with a credit card disbute between USAA and me.  But it goes beyond that.  USAA has unilaterally "updated" my credit card -- seems like 5 times in the last 2 years, very disruptive to any automatic payments I have set up.  It is always to serve me better, but none of my other providers have changed the actual credit card.

Now I have to set aside at least 15 minutes to get through the phone tree and actually speak with a person. 

You have opted out of covering home owners insurance to retired members in Florida

You are no longer the most cost effective auto insurance option.

Overall the support is way less than walking into a local bank, dealing with local insurance providers, seeing my local financial advisor.

In regards to my specific credit card disupte I need to know who your registered agent is in Florida.

Mike Calidonna -- member (for now) since 1990

We would be happy to look into your dispute concerning your credit card by speaking with you over the phone at 210-531-USAA (8722), our mobile shortcut #8722 or 800-531-8722. Our business hours are Monday through Friday 6:30am-10:00pm and Saturday 8:00am - 6:00pm CT. We also would like to speak with you to confirm what registered agent you are referring to in Florida. Thank you and hope to speak with you at your earliest convenience! - Darrell

Darrell,
Thank you for your timely response and access to the generic phone tree number that I have tried to get resolution from since at least 5 DEC from an issue that has been ongoing since early September.
As I understand the small claims court process I need to serve a registered agent for Usaa from the state of Florida. Where should I initiate that process.
Mike

Hasitchanged - I would be happy to reach out and discuss your situation in detail;. Please know, however, that some issues can only be processed by a specific team. With that in mind, I may need to transfer you to a different area. Thanks for following up. - Jason

Popular Topics
Close Pop-up