Breadcrumb Trail:

Highlighted

Sean Hannity

Accepted Solution

Sean Hannity

NsquidVet's avatar User  NsquidVet  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

I did NOT risk my life to protect the 1st Amendment for this bank to turn on it because some fascist left organization did not like what a reporter had to say.I have 7 accounts at this bank with over 250k passing through it annually. If this Bank will not stand up to the Constitutional values I fought for, then I will remove all my accounts and tell me veteran brothers to do the same.You have 10 days to retract and put out a public statement. Stay out of politics!!!

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sean Hannity

[ Edited ]

Briana Hartzell USAA's avatar User  Briana Hartzell USAA Community Manager

UPDATED

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for sharing your comments and concerns. We appreciate all of the feedback you have provided here in the Member Community.  Here is the latest update:

Our decision to stop advertising on the Hannity TV show was not the result of outside pressure. It is our policy to not  advertise on any opinion-basedprogramming. There was an error which led to our ads running during some opinion-based programs, and as soon as that was discovered, the error was corrected. We will continually review our ad placements to ensure we are consistent with our policy.

Updated to provide additional clarity 5-26-2017 11:25 a.m. 

Our decision to stop advertising on the Hannity TV show was not the result of outside pressure. It is our policy to not  advertise on any opinion-based programming. There was an error which led to our ads running during Hannity, and as soon as that was discovered, the error was corrected. Since then, we have done an additional review and removed ads from opinion-based news programs on other channels as well. We will continually review our ad placements to ensure we are consistent with our policy.

UPDATE 05-30-2017 1:50 p.m.

Please see our most recent statement here

https://communities.usaa.com/t5/Bank-Services/USAA-s-Advertising-Policy/m-p/125578#M29308

View in thread

All Replies

VERY DISAPPOINTED MILITARY FAMILY

Dominiquentx's avatar User  Dominiquentx  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

I find it crazy how hard it is to file a complaint with USAA. On May 13th I called into USAA to ask about cash advance on my credit card for $7500 to buy a car in North Fort Worth where there were no USAA branches near by. I was told if I do a cash advance on my Platinum Visa. I would receive a fee of 3% on the $7500. I got off the call and went to my USAA app transferred $7500 in to my checking account. I then called USAA back and had them raise my cash advance limits on my debit card to $7600 so I can avoid the 3% fee. After finally getting everything done over the phone I went into First National Bank to do my cash advance. I grabbed the 2nd card in my wallet handed it to the teller and signed the paper and got the $7500 cash. Went and bought my car, drove a hour to my moms, stopped by Bealls and my credit card got declined...... So I paid with my debit card went out to my car and called USAA as the person I spoke with said it was locked and he needed to verify some charges. As we are going though the charges he says the $7500... I told him that charge was supposed to be put on my debit card because it was a cash advance. He stated that he can't refund the fee until it hard posts to my account and advised me to call back when it posts and hopefully they will refund the fee.  The $7500 did not hard post until Tuesday the 16th and there was the $225 fee for the cash advance. So I called back, spoke with a few people, and explained the whole story to about 6 to 10 different people between 3 days. They all pretty much told me in Layman's terms it is NOT a bank error YOU ARE S**T OUT OF LUCK. Also one of the people that I spoke with mentioned that there is a max amount I can be charged for a cash advance, which is $200. I don't know about you but $225 is a lot of money for a simple mistake of grabbing the 2nd card and not the 1st card out of my wallet or grabbing the card I always use over the one I never use. I am having to use my credit card points to that I have been saving to help with Christmas and Birthday shopping on covering this fee.  All this from a bank that is supposed to support and stand behind their Military and their families. WELL THIS MILITARY FAMILY IS VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!

Re: VERY DISAPPOINTED MILITARY FAMILY

USAA Social Service's avatar User  USAA Social Service USAA Service

Dominiquentx, we appreciate you taking the time to post. I regret the disappointing experience you've had with your credit card account. We have gathered your feedback from your posts, and have shared your comments with the appropriate area for further review. Unfortunately, fees cannot be refunded unless there is a bank error due to compliance purposes. Thank you for your post. -Meredith

Disappointed

CarrieG's avatar User  CarrieG  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

I have never had a problem with USAA for 16 years until now. Recently my husbands debit card was compromised. I tried to use my card but was declined (Friday), I called USAA and was told our accounts were frozen and could not be released for 3 days for the investigation. All during a weekend. So I called Monday, but with nothing under my profile no one could help. Had husband call in and verify everything. USAA blocked my card too and told my husband they were unblocking our accounts and reissuing us new debit cards. The next day still no access to our checking, called and the security/fraud department said my debit card was not reordered. Also they had charged an expedite fee for my husbands card the day before--which did get refunded. So they finally got my card ordered which no basis for closure given. And now since my checking is still blocked I received notifications that 3 of my bill pays are being returned (car payment and electric bill included). I called USAA and they don't seem to care. This has been the worst experience-feels like we're being punished for a crime we didn't commit.

Re: Disappointed

USAA Social Service's avatar User  USAA Social Service USAA Service

CarrieG, I can see you're upset with the handling of your bank account. It's certainly not our intent to inconvenience you. I've located your information and have forwarded it along with your comments to a subject matter expert for further review. I ask that you allow sufficient time for completion of the review and we will follow up with you. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. - Ben

Sean Hannity

Eaglestine's avatar User  Eaglestine  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

I have been with USAA a long time and I can not believe USAA has caved in to the left... I will be looking for a new insurance company

Bigmaninva's avatar User  Bigmaninva  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

The campaign to end USAA advertising on Hanity is an obvious fascist move by leftists funded by the likes of George Soros. Don't fall for it

OHW3HT's avatar User  OHW3HT  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

Been a member/ customer for 30 years and Dang proud the decision was made not to support the particular Faux programming.

Hannity

Shoccoe's avatar User  Shoccoe  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

I found out that USAA pulled its advertisements from Fox's Hannity show do to the liberal left pressure. I would point out tht by a 3-1 margin the military supports Trump and by a 2-1 margin the veterans support Trump. I am pretty sure "caving" to liberals such as the Soros backed Media Matters is not in line with your membership. I have been a long time member with multiple products and am seriously considering moving my portfolio due to your company's decision to fall in line with Fake liberal pressure. I am disappointed in this company and will tell everyone.

Bad move USAA

Super James's avatar User  Super James  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

For 25 years I have been a proud USAA member. Tonight that ended. Your decision to no longer support Sean Hannity is deeply disappointing. I am ashamed to call myself a member.
Popular Topics
Close Pop-up