Breadcrumb Trail:

Re: Please get rid of Zelle

USAA Social Service's avatar User  USAA Social Service USAA Service

I'm very sorry to hear about the difficulties you've experienced with the Zelle service and would like to see if I can help. One of the things that could be causing a delay is how you enrolled in the service versus how your spouse and daughter enrolled. Please confirm if you and your spouse used your phone numbers or email addresses to setup your enrollment. If you sent the money using a phone number but your spouse enrolled using their email, then this definitely could be causing the delay. Please go back into the Mobile App> then into Send Money Settings to confirm and have your spouse and daughter do the same. For additional support please call us at 210-531-USAA (8722), our mobile shortcut #8722 or 800-531-8722. Our business hours are Monday through Friday 6:30am-10:00pm CT and Saturday 8:00am - 6:00pm CT. Thank you! - Darrell

GET RID OF ZELLE!!!

[ Edited ]

Zellesucks1's avatar User  Zellesucks1  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

This service is ocmpletely awful.  I have spent a ridiculous amount of time just trying to set up and register a profile.  Then once I did all of that it still didnt work.  I then had to contact Zelle, to no avail.  THey told me to contact USAA, also to no avail.  USAA then told me to call my cell phone provider.   This is beyond rediculous.  I am extremely dissatisfied with this service.  I used to rave about USAA......Not anymore.  

Re: GET RID OF ZELLE!!!

I regret your dissatisfaction with our recent transition to Zelle. I've collected your input and will share with our banking team. We continuously look for ways to improve our services for our members and your comments will help us do so. Thank you for taking the time to post. - Ben

Firefighter83's avatar User  Firefighter83  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

Ive had no issues sending money between my usaa and other usaa members

Geegee1's avatar User  Geegee1  (Opens a pop up layer) Occasional Contributor

I have given up today trying to fix this transfer issues. More than 1 week, more than 10 reps between USAA and Zelle and I'm tired. Zelle doesn't work. Used to. E able to transfer from USAA member in a minute and now with Zelle it's days in my case more than a week now and I have done every procedure to the point where the sender and I are now fighting over this transfer. I want it reimbursed to him because I never received it. And no one can help ??? No one knows the answer? I feel everyone is trained just to lie now because no one knows the answers and when they put on hold promising that it will be fixed, you get disconnected leaving you angry and frustrated.

Re: Zelle

Geegee1's avatar User  Geegee1  (Opens a pop up layer) Occasional Contributor

Darcy, the transfer was made 7.6.17. I've followed procedures to enroll. I made multiple calls to Zelle and USAA and no one seem to know the answers. I'm tired of being passed around. Requested to just cancel transaction because no one knows where it is. Tired of retelling my story to reps. I gave up. From seconds to now 14 days. Haaa such a joke.

Dear Geegee1, 

I am very sorry to hear you have experienced a lot of difficulty obtaining help. Please allow us time to review this and we will get back to you. Thanks. 

Highlighted

Zelle is terrible.

nashville4's avatar User  nashville4  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

Zelle is terrible. It's like USAA tried to fix something that wasn't broken, and made it way worse.

The old software for sending funds was very integral into the mobile app. Zelle forces extra verification measures and user text input, each use even after initial setup, and after securely logging into the mobile app with your account credentials and verification.

And even for transactions between people who have USAA accounts (like my financee and I) which used to be easy and seamless, are now painful to perform weekly transfers as we have previously.

We will be switching to another service to manage transferring funds between accounts unfortunately, unless USAA makes the user experience better like it was in months past. Users should not feel the brunt of a server-side change in services, and I figured USAA knew that.

Re: Zelle is terrible.

Nashville4, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding Zelle. We definitely strive to provide easy and convenient services for our members, and regret the frustration this has caused you. I will be passing your feedback on for further review. One option I would also like to suggest is to add your fiancé's account information to your funds transfer list (and visa-versa) so that you can transfer money seamlessly. You can add the account by going to Account Tools > Transfers > Add an Account. You will need the full account number and the account holder's name. Once added to the system, the account will be activated in 3 days for you to be able to transfer to. Once activated, you will go to the Transfer section of the website or app and will no longer use Zelle for this transfer. Transfers are immediately available between USAA accounts. I hope this option is helpful for you. Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns. -Meredith

Re: Zelle is terrible.

nashville4's avatar User  nashville4  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

Hello Meredith,

The previous version of USAA's send money feature worked seamlessly to send money to people with just one simple piece of information about them (phone number or email) regardless of if they had a USAA account or not. This is the precendent USAA has set.

I have added my fiancées information to the funds transfer list, in an attempt to use the system, along with its 3 days of waiting requirements, and attempting to explain to her the convoluted system she needs to set-up to receive the funds (in the pas she simply received an email from USAA and the funds were in her USAA account).

It isn't worth the squeeze when there are other industry solutions out there like Venmo and PayPal that make transactions easy for the end user.

I generally like to unify all my banking solutions with USAA, but this one is hard to justify and I hope USAA realizes the mistake it made migrating to this system along with other big banks. Take care of your customers, not the bottom line.
Popular Topics
Close Pop-up