Breadcrumb Trail:

Highlighted

Please get rid of Zelle

Please get rid of Zelle

Up North MN's avatar User  Up North MN  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

For months I have put my 19 year olds check in my Usaa account then transferred it into his USAA account to avoid the hold funds on his new account. This week having to use Zelle, his check has gone to another bank to an old account that has been closed for months. Usaa referred us to Zelle customer service who after over 2 hour and 3 reps (all outsourced India I'm guessing). Very frustrating talking with people I have trouble understanding and don't seem to understand me. Long and short of it is within 7 to 10 days it should be resolved, this is unacceptable $800 unavailable for holiday weekend and possible up to 2 weeks business days with the 4th being next week. The transfer used to take 4 or 5 mins before Zelle. Please get rid of this outsourced service.

Zelle a big mistake

Navoe's avatar User  Navoe  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

I really dislike this Zelle system, I had transferred money using the USAA Zelle and it warmed then someone sent me money (another USAA member) and it got lost. I called USAA and the tried to figure it out but couldn't. I then contacted Zelle and they said it wasn't even up yet. I can't understand this. I wish they would go back to the original way of transferring money.

Re: Zelle a big mistake

USAA Social Service's avatar User  USAA Social Service USAA Service

Navoe, I can you're disappointment with our recent transition to Zelle. It's certainly not our intent to inconvenience you. I have shared your comments about the new feature with our banking team. Feedback is important to us as a means to help us identify areas of improvement. Thank you for taking the time to post. - Ben

Re: Please get rid of Zelle

Hello Up North MN, I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had with Zelle. In using this service there is a registration to determine which account you prefer to be used for the payment delivery account.

From the scenario you provided, if you are depositing to your USAA account then transferring to your sons USAA account, there is no need to use Zelle. Zelle is for sending to someone who doesn't bank with USAA or for someone who is not yet on your transfer funds list.

To add your son to your transfer fund list please select Add Account from My Tools under Transfer options. Transferring to another USAA account using the Transfer Funds option via app or website, will result in immediate funds availability. If you have any additional questions, please let me know. ~ Lori

Last night I called in to USAA to find out how to do the transfer as I am not on his account. Before Zelle the USAA app would use his contact information from my phone to complete the transfer. I was told that now Zelle has been added that it was the way to make transfers. We both sat down and set up the Zelle accounts to our USAA accounts then did the transfer. Today with talking with Zelle, they merged with another company called Clear Exchange of which he had a transfer account with them to other said bank years ago. Zelle system didn't use the updated info from last night and mistakenly sent it to the old account. I asked them since they own both transfer services why they cannot fix the issue now since it still shows processing. The repeated answer is there is nothing they could do, we would just have to wait. My finally call today with USAA I was making progress towards a solution but unfortunately got disconnected. I called back for a landline trying to get to the same Rep but couldn't get back to that Rep. After hours it trying to solve this issue I didn't want to start over with a 6th person and 4 hours of phone time. My son has decided that if this can't be resolved by next thurs he will change to a local bank. I won't use Zelle again, their customer service is poor and I do not like dealing with outsourced call centers.

Thank you for the additional information and feedback Up North MN. I will ensure it reaches the appropriate department. ~ Lori

Iron_mk's avatar User  Iron_mk  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

Where is the my tools tab?

I am not a signing authority on his account, so it isn't allowing me to proceed to add account.

Hi Iron_mk, Go to the main usaa.com page after you log in. You should see a "Tools" tab at the top of the page. - Ben

Re: Zelle a big mistake

Cachitoman's avatar User  Cachitoman  (Opens a pop up layer) Regular Contributor

Hi Navoe,

I believe your money did not get lost. I had the same problem with my first money transfer using Zelle. Most likely your money is in transit.  The following info is taken from USAA´s website:

How long will it take me to receive money?

If you've already enrolled in Zelle, the money is available in minutes in most cases. If you haven't yet enrolled the money will typically be available 1 to 3 business days after you enroll.

The following is taken from zellepay.com:

I just started using Zelle, where is my money?

When you register, it may take between 1 and 3 business days to receive your first payment. This is a security feature of our network designed to reduce risk and protect you whenever you’re sending or receiving money. Once you’ve completed your first payment, future payments between you and activated Zelle users will typically move in minutes.

The first money transfer to my USAA account using Zelle was done on Friday, June 30th so I should be getting the funds hopefully by Wednesday, July 5th since July 4th is not a business day.

Regards, 
Latest Posts
Popular Topics
Close Pop-up