Breadcrumb Trail:

Highlighted

Phishing Scam

Phishing Scam

PPDQBH37's avatar User  PPDQBH37  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

Beware of an email claiming to be USAA investigating a phishing scam. It asks you to "reconfirm" your account. This is the phishing scam. I wasn't sure how to report it, so I thought I'd post it here...

Email:
---------- Original message ----------
Date: Aug 12, 2017 4:49 AM
Subject: Your USAA Transaction(s) Request Alert
To: Recipients <info@t3.se>
Cc:

Personal Profile Confirmation
View Accounts | Privacy Promise | Contact Us

USAA SECURITY ZONE
USAA # ending in: XXXX

Special Notice Posted :
USAA is investigating an e-mail phishing scam that attempts to collect sensitive personal information. The email mimics communication members currently receive from USAA. Remember, we do not ask for personal or account information in an e-mail.

Due to system maintenance, all account holders are required to reconfirm their information

Click here to reconfirm your account

Please Note: If your account is not reconfirmed now, it result in temporary suspension. For your security please click here to reconfirm your account.

Reconfirm My Account

Thank you,
USAA

You can tell it's phishing because (1) the entail address out was set from and (2) when you hover over the links, the address is not USAA.

Link address: http://www.acquaazul.com.br/wp-content/plugins/revslider/temp/update_extract/revslider/a.htm

Re: Phishing Scam

PPDQBH37's avatar User  PPDQBH37  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

CORRECTION TO TYPOS:

You can tell it's phishing because (1) the email address it was set from and (2) when you hover over the links, the address is not USAA.

Re: Phishing Scam

USAA Social Service's avatar User  USAA Social Service USAA Service

Thank you for sharing this, PPDQBH37! Unfortunately, there are a lot of phishing emails trying to imitate USAA. We would like to have our IT Security Team also review this further. Could you please forward it to abuse@usaa.com? We appreciate your membership and helping us combat fraud. Have a great day! -Meredith

Latest Posts
Popular Topics
Close Pop-up