Breadcrumb Trail:

Highlighted

Mint.com Connectivity Failure

Mint.com Connectivity Failure

HB2010's avatar User  HB2010  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

The most recent posts I can find concerning Mint.com connectivity issues are dated Fall of 2014. Has anyone resolved the issue or is it ongoing? Any suggestions or tips would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Mint.com Connectivity Failure

dwighteisenhower's avatar User  dwighteisenhower  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

I am also having issues. 

Around the beginning of February 2017, my current method of using the 2-factor auth via Verisign VIP Access (combined with PIN) stopped working. Using that method was painful anyway, as you had to go into Mint settings and re-enter the password every time you wanted to sync.

I tried other security methods, but Mint always complained. Let me know if you figure it out.

We have been pretty much flying blind for the past month, and are ready to switch software or primary bank.

USAA Social Service's avatar User  USAA Social Service USAA Service

Hi HB2010 and dwighteisenhower - Thanks for posting to the Community. As you know, some changes may prevent some external aggregators, like Mint, from accessing your banking data. We are working with Mint to use a unique code tied to your account in order to access your banking data instead of allowing them to access your logon credentials, such as your online ID, password, PIN and your security questions. Along with others in the banking industry, periodic updates to our security practices may delay Mint and other service providers access to information when you try to connect to your accounts through them. I have provided your feedback to our team that reviews all member feedback for use in improving our services to our members. - Cathleen

ridiculogic's avatar User  ridiculogic  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

Same issue here. Please fix this problem ASAP or I will be forced to move my banking and credit card business elsewhere!

member21's avatar User  member21  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

Cathleen, I also vote to expedite this resolution. 

I appreciate the vote, member21, and have provided it to the team that is working on this. Thanks for taking the time to post. - Cathleen

Re: Mint.com Connectivity Failure (QR*2 Delays)

GeoVenturing's avatar User  GeoVenturing  (Opens a pop up layer) Regular Contributor

6-Mar-2017 >> Along with others in the banking industry, periodic updates to our security practices may delay Mint and other service providers access to information when you try to connect to your accounts through them. <<

By my USNR-Ret. dead reckoning, over two (2) months elepsed sice this hassle factor (snag) was reported...

Prior InfoSystems, Audit, Control & Security plus Software Quality Engineering experience causes me to wonder who's accountable for resolving this "Two-Factor Authorization" (Catch-22) impasse ...

It fails to meet best management practices for either Quick Response or Quality Results!Affirmation VThesarus 2017-01-27 at 3.52.45 AM.png

Hi GeoVenturing - Please know that we are working with Mint to use a unique code tied to your account in order to access your banking data instead of allowing them to access your logon credentials, such as your online ID, password, PIN and your security questions. - Cathleen

GeoVenturing's avatar User  GeoVenturing  (Opens a pop up layer) Regular Contributor

Having been a USAA Member since 1968, I'm used to execution & NOT excuses without  indication of priortity or deadlines ... My online trolling for well-framed answers, netted this MINT perspective: https://help.mint.com/#more-help

SToryTech Books 2017-01-21 at 11.55.01 PM.png

AEfromSA's avatar User  AEfromSA  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

The link isn't to anything-

Have you gotten anywhere with this? So frustrating!

Popular Topics
Close Pop-up