Breadcrumb Trail:

Highlighted

Disputing charges then Reassert

Disputing charges then Reassert

Wrekreation's avatar User  Wrekreation  (Opens a pop up layer) Occasional Contributor

I've been a member of USAA for decades.  I've always been pleased with their support.   Even this time I'm only starting to approach the displeased state.   Primarily because on 21 Dec I called the credit dispute line to check on the status of a dispute, and it has been more than 24 hours and I have not been called back.

1.  I bought plane tickes from ONETRAVEL.   When I went to check in for the flight, the airlines said that they had not received payment for the tickets.    Further, I didn't have seats on the flight departing, and if I wanted tickets I would have to pay cash (i was in a foreign country).

2.  I protested the charge after I returned.   USAA checked and their response was that when I accepted the tickets, I accepted the condition that the tickets were non-refundable.   I told USAA that I had not received the tickets. USAA said that if I wanted to continue the protest I would have to do it in writing by sendind a reassert request to:

Credit Card Reassert

P.O. Box 33514

San Antonio, Texas 78265

3.I did send the written reassert request in September and I had not heard any response so I called USAA credit disputes at 866-353-5089. I was called back but the agent was not aware of my letter.   I subsequently have tried to contact the specific agent and I have left messages but I haven't been called.   Today I called the main number and left a message.  

4.  Admittedly I am spending a dollar chasing a dime, but I'm sometimes that kind of person.  The process seems to work until it reaches some milestone then the process (a written submission) seems to break.  

I'm open to ideas on what I migh try next.   There is a lot not written here about my original attempts to ge ONETRAVEL to reimburse me, then going to USAA and asking them to intercede.   

Thanks

Re: Disputing charges then Reassert

USAA Social Service's avatar User  USAA Social Service USAA Service

Wrekreation,

I understand you have concerns regarding a dispute previously submitted. I regret to hear this matter is still outstanding. We want to ensure your concerns are reviewed. Please send a secured message using this link: http://bit.ly/1IZlAOz for our dispute department. We look forward to reviewing this matter for you. - Rhonda

Wrekreation's avatar User  Wrekreation  (Opens a pop up layer) Occasional Contributor

We are unable to complete your request

We're sorry, but the usaa.com page or activity you requested is temporarily unavailable.
We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later.

Click on your back button to return to the previous page.

I tried to do as you asked.

Wrekreation,

I regret to hear the link did not work. Please try this path:

• Log onto usaa.com
  • Select the drop down arrow by your name
  • Select Alerts & Actions
  • Select Message USAA under Quick Links

I hope this helps. Thank you. - Rhonda

I did as you directed.   It offered me a "chat" and when I clicked on chat it said:

We are unable to complete your request

We're sorry, but the usaa.com page or activity you requested is temporarily unavailable.
We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later.

Click on your back button to return to the previous page.

Wrekreation,

Please allow us additional time to look into this matter for you. - Rhonda

I switched from an OPERA browser to a Safari Browser.   I got to chat with Aria J.   She is sorry but she can't help me either.  She doesn't have access to my files.   Now we are one step closer to being overtly frustrated by the process.  

Wrekreation, I regret any frustration caused. I am looking into this matter for you and will follow up as soon as possible. Thank you. - Rhonda

Rhonda,

Could you ball park when "as soon as possible" might occur? Don't care- just ASAP means different things to different people. Thanks

Wrekreation, Our records reflect that a dispute analyst, Brenda, contacted you by phone on January 6, 2017 and left a voicemail. When is the best time to reach you? ~Darcy

Popular Topics
Close Pop-up