Breadcrumb Trail:

Highlighted

Bank Check Hold

Bank Check Hold

Love your country's avatar User  Love your country  (Opens a pop up layer) Occasional Contributor

I had called in asking about a deposit I made it is a bank check my husband and I got to pay a contractor and then I ended up having to go pay for items so the check was deposited instead but a bank check is paid for with cash so I was told it should clear within 4 days at most even though it says tomorrow I am curious as to why such a long hold would be put on a check that you pay cash for. First do you realease funds once you have received them regardless of what hold time you estimated and second is there a way to have a bank check verified before depositing to keep a hold from being placed? You would think a bank check would take less time to clear.

Re: Bank Check Hold

USAA Social Service's avatar User  USAA Social Service USAA Service

Love Your Country, The majority of deposits are available immediately. However, like all banks, USAA Bank sometimes puts a hold on a member’s deposit. This temporary hold protects the member and the Bank from the growing threat of fraud. These holds can vary in length. I understand that the check you deposited was a bank check, please know that bank checks can also have a stop payment placed on them. For this reason, bank checks are also subject to a hold. Holds times cannot be changed or removed. If depositing the check, you will receive a notification of the hold time. We do this to provide our members the opportunity to choose to move forward with the deposit or explore other options. - Janay

Popular Topics
Close Pop-up