Highlighted

Very Disappointed

Very Disappointed

RC4's avatar User  RC4  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

I am very disappointed in USAA.  My father-in-law served in the military for over 30 years. He and my mother-in-law were married for 50 years.  He passed away a couple of years ago just after their 50th anniversery from prostate cancer due to being exposed to "agent orange" during the Vietnam.  My mother-in-law is still trying to cope on her own, and USAA sends her an email canceling her car insurance.  When she called in no options were offered- she was transferred to another agent (company) who offered her insurance 5xs what she has been paying to USAA.   I realize her young adult son being on her insurance is the problem, but they could have at least given her the option to continue without coverage for him.  My mother-in-law has been struggling adjusting to life without her husband, to hear and see her now crying going through this is really disheartening.

Re: Very Disappointed

USAA Social Service's avatar User  USAA Social Service USAA Service

Hello RC4, first let me express my deepest condolences. I am sure loosing your father-in-law has been a hard adjustment for you and your family especially for your mother-in-law. I understand why you are concerned and would like an opportunity to assist. I do need to obtain some additional information in order to have this information reviewed, but due to us not having the feature to private message on Member Community, I will need to refer you to a different channel. Could you please send me a private message through our USAA Facebook page or a Direct message through the USAA twitter account? I want to have our Underwriting department review this matter but I would need to obtain some of your mother-in-law's personal information such as name, phone number, and /or member number. I look forward to assisting you further and will be on the look out for your message.

Re: Very Disappointed

USAA Social Service's avatar User  USAA Social Service USAA Service

No worries RC4, after some additional research I was able to locate your mother-in-law's information. I am going to escalate this matter to our Underwriting Department for further review. Someone from that department will be in direct contact with her to discuss this matter. Thank you for reaching out.

Popular Topics
Close Pop-up